注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 7573|回复: 35

庆祝公摄文件数突破20万

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-13 20:48:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Dear da tou,

It has come to our attention that your site is using an excessive number of files stored on your account. This is causing performance problems on your website as well as for other customers that are on this server. It can cause our servers to crash and cause additional downtime.

Our research shows that server performance degrades when accounts have over 50,000 files. In order to ensure optimal performance for your account and the others in your shared hosting environment, we request that you reduce the number of files on your account to under 200,000 by 07/23/2013.

In our most recent scan your account contained 212662 files.

We do understand that these files may have been created without your knowledge. There are programs/scripts that will create files automatically unless you change the settings. The following are some suggestions to help you in this process:

Spam E-mail: If you have set up Box Trapper or Spam Assassin, you will need to log into your cPanel account and go to the Spam Assassin icon.  In here you will see a Clear Spam Box button, please click on this button to empty out the spam folders.

Caching: Some programs will use caching to speed up the loading of a page. If not properly maintained, these cache folders can grow very large. Please refer to the knowledgebase or help files for your individual program for instructions on how to clear these files.

Log Files: Log files for most programs are stored in the root of your account in the tmp folder. You should review and clear these off the server periodically.

After removing some files you may request a rescan of the account. Please see the following tutorial on viewing the updated file count:

https://my.just

If you need assistance with removing these files or to help troubleshoot the reason for this problem we will be happy to assist you in this process.

Per conditions stated in the Terms of Service, this issue needs to be resolved:

7.03. Just Host does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of disk space a Subscriber can use for the Subscriber's website, nor does Just Host charge additional fees based on an increased amount of storage used, provided the Subscriber's use of storage complies with these Terms. Please note, however, that the Just Host service is designed to host websites. Just Host does NOT provide unlimited space for online storage, backups, or archiving of electronic files, documents, log files, etc., and any such prohibited use of the Services will result in the termination of Subscriber's account, with or without notice. Accounts with a large number of files (inode count in excess of 200,000) can have an adverse affect on server performance. Similarly, accounts with an excessive number of MySQL/PostgreSQL tables (i.e., in excess of 1000 database tables) or of database size (i.e., in excess of 3GB total MySQL/PostgreSQL usage or 2GB MySQL/PostgreSQL usage in a single database) negatively affect the performance of the server. Just Host may request that the number of files/inodes, database tables, or total database usage be reduced to ensure proper performance or may terminate the Subscriber's account, with or without notice.

11.02. Backups. For its own operational efficiencies and purposes, Just Host from time to time backs up  data on its servers, but is under no obligation or duty to Subscriber to do so under these Terms.  IT IS SOLELY SUBSCRIBER'S DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP SUBSCRIBER'S FILES AND DATA ON JUST HOST SERVERS, AND under no circumstance will Just Host be liable to anyone FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND under any legal theory for loss of Subscriber FILES AND/or data on any Just Host server.

Proper maintenance of your account will ensure the best performance for your website. If you are unable to comply with these requests your account will be automatically deactivated on 07/23/2013 to maintain proper server performance. Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

Terms of Service Compliance Department
 楼主| 发表于 2013-7-13 20:50:41 | 显示全部楼层
Dear Sir/Madam
I have spent bit time identifying and deleting files. According to the file count,  the number of files now should have been reduced by 1/3. These are mainly files left from previous software upgrading (lots of cache files). I have also deleted some unused database tables. Some log files as well. Also removed some scripts not used very often. etc.

Could you please have a look. I had trouble deleting files with ftp, so I used the file manager in c panel. It appeared worked.

It now should meet your requirement. This however does concern me as the website is a photography community website, the number of files will keep increasing. Sooner or later I will end up have to delete useful files

Regards
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-13 21:03:11 | 显示全部楼层
澳洲大头 发表于 2013-7-13 20:50
Dear Sir/Madam
I have spent bit time identifying and deleting files. According to the file count,  t ...

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-13 21:16:26 | 显示全部楼层
没说多大呀?好奇……
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-13 21:50:54 | 显示全部楼层
澳洲大头 发表于 2013-7-13 20:50
Dear Sir/Madam
I have spent bit time identifying and deleting files. According to the file count,  t ...

。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-13 22:17:26 | 显示全部楼层
要涨价吧?
咱多加点钱,把仓库整大点儿,别把历史都delete掉了。
咱不差钱,老甲卖一房子我把船上的厕所拆了能筹够
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-13 22:38:51 | 显示全部楼层
不是我们的file大,而是这server的容量太小了,这是server的问题,不是我们的问题,是谁的问题谁解决,而且他们有能力解决。他们的server肯定不是只让我们这种非盈利的网站的人们来用的,一定是有收入的,比如广告什么的,袜子那种盈利公司什么的,用从那些盈利公司得来的收入的一部分来扩建server应该是他们的责任,否则上court讲讲道理。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-13 22:45:21 | 显示全部楼层
大家拿 发表于 2013-7-13 22:38
不是我们的file大,而是这server的容量太小了,这是server的问题,不是我们的问题,是谁的问题谁解决,而且 ...

对,到了法庭,让老祚当我们的律师。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 02:30:25 | 显示全部楼层
顺手 发表于 2013-7-13 09:45
对,到了法庭,让老祚当我们的律师。。。。

严格说是老柞的女儿给我们当律师。老柞做书记(第四声)。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 02:31:49 | 显示全部楼层
澳洲大头 发表于 2013-7-13 07:50
Dear Sir/Madam

难道最终是我们要搬家不成?要不干脆搞成会员制好了。这样也显得我们没有剥削你。  等掐起民主架来,我们也能比较容易下狠手。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 04:05:55 | 显示全部楼层
我外行:咱自己整一台强劲点儿的电脑架你们家后院不行吗?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 08:02:30 | 显示全部楼层
新满人 发表于 2013-7-14 04:31
难道最终是我们要搬家不成?要不干脆搞成会员制好了。这样也显得我们没有剥削你。  等掐起民主架 ...

这样的话,社长是不是要民选了
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-14 09:05:08 | 显示全部楼层
镇静,大家不要慌。。。。。。。。

大量的文件主要是程序产生的副产品。经过我的清理之后,现在已经减少了三分之一。估计一两年之内不会有太大问题。如果到时候有问题,还有解决问题的办法,比如VPS帐号甚至独立服务器。。。。。到时候再说。。。。。呵呵

小车不倒只管推。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-14 09:08:15 | 显示全部楼层
社员甲 发表于 2013-7-13 21:16
没说多大呀?好奇……

这个账户号称是“双无限” (unlimited space + unlimited traffic)。所以他不从大小扣你,他说文件总数太大影响运行。。。。。。做生意的,你是知道的。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 09:12:03 | 显示全部楼层
小河 发表于 2013-7-13 19:02
这样的话,社长是不是要民选了

你这不是在说我们是搞茉莉花行动吧?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|四海人民公摄 - 海外华人摄影爱好者网站

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 05:49