注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 319|回复: 4

大头心仪的制度能致意识形态凌驾于法律之上为合法?

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-12-9 11:54:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-cathol ... ews-topstories.html

A gay teacher at a Pennsylvania Catholic school said he was fired after he applied for a marriage license to wed his long-time partner.

Michael Griffin worked at the Holy Ghost Preparatory School for 12 years teaching French and Italian. He said that although administrators, including the principal, knew he was gay, he never had any major conflict with the Catholic administrators until Friday.

Griffin said he was fired on Friday after he had emailed administrators to tell them he was going to file for a marriage license and would be slightly late to work.

Griffin said the school administrators told him that the email sent on the school email server made his relationship public and therefore they had to fire him if he decided to go through with the marriage.

"He said… 'if you go through with that I have no other choice but to fire you,'" Griffin said of the ultimatum issued by Holy Ghost Preparatory School President Father James McCloskey. "I was in shock, I had no forewarning."

Griffin said McCloskey and other school administrators knew he was gay, but had never brought it up prior. Griffin and his partner had a civil union five years prior and he wears a wedding ring in school.

In a statement sent to ABC News from McCloskey and Holy Ghost Preparatory School, the school president said Griffin was fired for violating the terms of his contract by deciding to marry a partner of the same sex.

"Unfortunately, this decision contradicts the terms of his teaching contract at our school, which requires all faculty and staff to follow the teachings of the Church as a condition of their employment," McCloskey said in the statement. "In discussion with Mr. Griffin, he acknowledged that he was aware of this provision, yet he said that he intended to go ahead with the ceremony. Regretfully, we informed Mr. Griffin that we have no choice but to terminate his contract effective immediately."

Griffin said he has not decided whether he will discuss his termination with a lawyer, but was incredibly saddened by the administrators' actions.

Catholic School Administrator Fired for Supporting Gay Marriage

Griffin, who also attended Holy Ghost Preparatory School and was raised Catholic, said he loved teaching at the school. Griffin said he has only heard positive messages from faculty and students.

"There's so much in it that I agree with," Griffin said. "We talk about brotherhood with all of these people. ... I feel like my parents disowned me but my brothers still stand by me."

发表于 2013-12-9 13:31:11 | 显示全部楼层
乱弹琴!要想批判我,你得首先认真学习领会我的讲话精神。。。。。。

唉,再给你补习一下吧:制度派早就意识到世界上没有一个完美的制度,只有相对更加合理和相对比较不合理的制度。所以不存在什么“心怡的制度“。那种以糜帝制度如何不好来否定中国改革需要的人如老柞,不是XXXXX就是XxxxxXXX(此处给老柞填空)。。。。。呵呵。

你不掌握这个精髓,任何批判都显得苍白无力。。。。。呵呵
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-12-10 01:42:49 | 显示全部楼层
这老兄咎由自取。首先,宾州还没有同性恋合法化,而天主教是反同性恋最坚决的一股势力。 其次,他的合同里既然写明了不可以同性结婚,他当然就该遵守合同条文。

说实话,校方并没有做过分,完全是照章办事。是他自己把事情搞砸了。 如果他只是口头上告知学校管理人员,可能不至于有什么事,因为对方可以装聋作哑来照顾他。但蠢就蠢在他写到email里,那就是铁证如山,管理员想保护他也没办法了。

这就是法制社会。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-12-10 02:36:33 | 显示全部楼层
袜贩 发表于 2013-12-10 01:42
这老兄咎由自取。首先,宾州还没有同性恋合法化,而天主教是反同性恋最坚决的一股势力。 其次,他的合同里 ...

俺没追踪调查。
如果你说的该州同性恋婚姻不合法,那这人说请假去登记,是上哪儿去登记?
跑外州?倘如此,那就真是自找麻烦了。

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-12-10 02:39:29 | 显示全部楼层
澳洲大头 发表于 2013-12-9 13:31
乱弹琴!要想批判我,你得首先认真学习领会我的讲话精神。。。。。。

唉,再给你补习一下吧:制度 ...

是“心仪”。
你心仪的制定不容批评?
正说明你不懂你心仪的制度。